Drinking Lessons: The Noggy Stuff
Eggnog is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of drink…and Luna is staunchly in the hate-it camp. The Spirit Guides school him on the history (revelation: nog is NOT part of the drink itself) and everyone comes up with a recipe to try. One of them doesn’t even include eggs. Intriguing, right? Listen in and find out why! And how! And…what it tastes like.
- 2 cups homemade cashew milk or other non-dairy milk of your choice.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight or for at least 30 minutes (optional)*
- 4-6 Medjool dates or 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 oz amaretto
- 1 oz rum
Blend milks, cashews, and dates or sugar in a blender; add amaretto and rum, and top with more cinnamon and nutmeg. Dunk cookies in it if you want…no judgment. It’s the holiday’s after all. (Credit to tasty-yummies.com/vegan-eggnog)
Jordon's recipe came from AllRecipes.com, and Clayton's original eggnog recipe from last week can be found in the show notes for The Minty Stuff!